Luna Suicide Bereavement Training available in Kent and Medway
We’re delighted to be facilitating Luna Suicide Bereavement Training for those who work with and support children and young people in the Kent and Medway area.
The Kent and Medway Mental Health and Wellbeing Community Fund supported by Kent County Council, Medway Council and NHS Kent and Medway has funded Luna to deliver a series of three-hour online training sessions in February and March.
Supporting children and young people bereaved by suicide
Luna Suicide Bereavement training is designed for anyone who works with children and young people, developed through international research and delivered by trainers with lived experience of parental suicide.
These three-hour interactive online sessions will help individuals feel more confident supporting children and young people after suicide bereavement.
The training will help you understand:
- why suicide is different to other types of bereavement for children and young people
- how children make sense of death and express grief at different developmental stages
- personal experiences of parental suicide and its impact
- the risks and protective factors for children and young people bereaved by suicide,
- what to say and what not to say to children and young people after suicide bereavement
- practical actions you can take to support children and young people bereaved by suicide
- age-appropriate suicide bereavement resources for children and young people.
There are opportunities to share experiences and ask questions during interactive elements and breakout sessions and all participants will receive a certificate of completion and an invitation to become a Luna Ambassador.
We offer evidence-informed suicide bereavement training for people who work with children and young people. We also share resources, best practice and guidance to help improve the way children left behind after suicide are cared for.
As part of a programme of activity to be delivered over the next three months, Luna is also providing a suicide bereavement policy template for education settings across the region, two localised suicide bereavement guides focused on supporting children and young people for professionals and families, and a library of resources.
How to book:
For more information and details of how to book, please email our admin team.